Do you have a great WordPress sports website, but are having trouble getting the word out?
Then why not look into qualified specialists like HostiServer who can provide you with services that allow your website to run successfully and help you get the word out about your website. When you are trying to build your brand, you want to make sure it is as professional as it can be. This is one way to do that. There’s so much to learn when it comes to the world of SEO. That’s why it is always so useful to research extensively first. You may want the help of a SEO company to maximize the potential for your website. You can find more information on workflow rules on Whitehat CRM, to help you make an informed choice.
Perhaps you are not familiar with the techniques of search engine optimization (SEO), or perhaps you have waded through the myriad of advice pages on the web and found them overwhelming. In fact, according to GraphPaperPress.com, there are over 200 criteria coming into play every day that influence the search-ability of your website. Let’s narrow down some quick SEO tips to increase traffic!
10 SEO Tips for Sports Websites
Regardless of whether you are new to SEO and are asking questions such as ‘what does an seo company do‘ or you’re looking to sort through techniques you have already heard about, the following 10 tips will help you organize your thoughts:
1.Highlight keywords. Use your WordPress headers (H1-H6) to emphasize your keywords. These headers come in handy in the design of your site, but they also alert search engines to the important words on each web page. Using the headers will help crawlers to identify the words that you want noticed when people are searching the web.
2. Use short, keyword-heavy, permalinks. Many sites you find on the web possess URLs with permalinks that practically run on forever and appear to the user to be nothing but gibberish. Avoid this by choosing a few significant keywords or phrases — such as “sports-news-olympics” — to identify your site in the permalink segment of your URL.
3. Use keywords on pages. Allow each of the pages on your site to focus primarily on one keyword phrase. For example, you may want to focus on a single athlete and make the athlete’s name the keyword that is featured and repeated on a particular page. Make sure that this keyword aligns with the keywords you have chosen above!
4. Choose appropriate names for images. Keywords play a critical role when it comes to alternative image text as well. Feature keywords in the name for each image you display on your site. Also, make sure you use keywords around your images, referencing the image within the context of the page as a whole.
5. Videos. If you are using video content, such as featured videos of sports activity, construct a video site map, and list it in your Google webmaster account. According to SearchEngineJournal.com, such a map will allow “the best chance for your videos to be found by the crawlers.” In addition, as you should do with images, surround your videos with keywords. And a final note regarding videos: don’t limit your videos to YouTube — submit your videos to other sites as well, including sites such as MetaCafe, AOL and Yahoo.
6. Don’t overload your site. That is, don’t feature an over-abundance of music players, large images, flash graphics and plugins. As GoinsWriter.com warns, “Page load times are important, so get rid of any non-essentials that bog down your website.”
7. Link to pertinent websites. GoinsWriter.com also recommends that you link to other sports sites that are relevant to your topic, and that you ask the owners of other sites to link to your site. This keeps your site fresh and dynamic
8. Keep content fresh. Also in the interest of keeping your website fresh, update your content regularly, keeping readers abreast of news, products, people and other topics that you feature on your WordPress sports site. Plan to work at maintaining your SEO by working on your news and keywords daily.
9. Social Networks. Understand the ins and outs of social networks, and post to them regularly. As you do this, promote other companies and organizations as well, and encourage others to promote your website. This keeps you “in the game” as you continually update your sports site.
10. Blog. Add a regularly updated sports-themed blog to your site. Maintain it every day, and if possible, have your CEO contribute to the blog. According to SearchEngineJournal.com, “CEO influence on a blog is incredible as this is the VOICE of the company. Response from the owner to reader comments will cause your credibility to skyrocket!”
These 10 tips should guide you in managing your WordPress sports site SEO. Utilize these tips as the starting point for a successful and highly searchable website. Plus, learn more SEO strategies from Upper Hand web professionals.